National Institute of Mental Health And Neuro Sciences
A multidisciplinary integrated approach of the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences caters to mental health and neurosciences.
The ideology adopted at the Institute is service, workforce development, and research. Several national and international funding organizations provide resources for academic and research activities. NIMHANS is synonymous with providing high clinical care standards, quality training, and cutting-edge research in the frontier areas. Combined priorities for comprehensive patient care, workforce development, and research stem from the commitment to an integrated and multidisciplinary approach that addresses societal needs. In 2012, NIMHANS conferred an ‘Institute of National Importance.’
- Advanced Flow-Cytometry
- Bioinformatics and Proteonomics Lab
- Cell Culture and Stem Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology Lab
- Music Cognition Laboratory
- Human Brain Tissue Repository (Brain Bank)
- Metabolic Lab.
- Electrophysiology Lab
- Molecular Genetics Lab
- Multimodal Brain Image Analysis Laboratory
- Neuromuscular Laboratory
- Neuropathology Museum
- Neurotoxicology Laboratory
- Optical Imaging Lab
- Translational Psychiatry Lab
- Human Brain Tissue Repository (Human Brain Bank)
- Neuropathology Brain Museum
|Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
|Mental Health Education
|Neuroanesthesia and Neuro-Critical Care
|Neuroimaging & Interventional Radiology
|Transfusion Medicine and Haematology
|Speech Pathology and Audiology
|Psychiatric Social Work
Contribution of National Institute of Mental Health
- Systematic analysis of highway road safety issues.
- Implementing injury surveillance programs.
- Systematic analysis of violence prevention programs.
- Research, advocacy, policy strengthening, and evaluation in Violence and Injury Prevention.
- Supporting and implementing WHO activities in Violence and Injury Prevention
- Establishing trauma registries in India.
- Supporting legislation and enforcement towards the use of helmets, reducing drink driving, speed reduction programs, promoting seat belt use, and others.
- Promoting road safety information systems
- Establishment of an exclusive suicide prevention helpline.
- Development of distress prevention helpline for adolescents.