About Dr. Gauranga Majumdar
Professor (Dr.) Gauranga Majumdar is Director and Head Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Medanta Awadh Hospital, Lucknow. Before joining Medanta, Dr. Majumdar was working as a professor in one of the leading tertiary care premier institute of northern India, i.e., SGPGIMS Lucknow (2007-2019).
He has rich experience in clinical, academic, and research of more than 20 years and nearly 10,000 patients care. He has robust experience in An- Aortic Total Arterial Beating Heart Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (TAR-OPCABG), with excellent outcomes and offering this unique technique for all elective CABG patients for maximum long term benefit.
He is Proficient in: Redo- Cardiac Surgery and Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, valve repair and replacement surgery, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Pediatric cardiac surgery, Aortic Aneurysm, and Dissection surgery.
- Currently working as- Director & Head- Medanta Heart Institute, Lucknow.
- Ex-Professor (full).Dept of Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery (Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014)
- Executive Member of Indian Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons
- MCh (Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular surgery)
- M.S. (General Surgery)
- FICS,MAMS, FIACS.
- Valvular Heart Disease Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Replacement
- Pediatric Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
Dr. Gauranga Majumdar- Key details
- He has published more than 50 research papers in various national and international indexed journals and a regular reviewer of many indexed national and international journals.
- A regular examiner for MCh and DNB cardiac surgery for different universities of India and national board, and Subject-Expert in Faculty recruitment in different academic institutes in India.
- He has acquired training in minimally invasive cardiac surgery from Innsbruck, Austria, and Heart and Lung Transplantation from Freeman Hospital, New Castle, United Kingdom.
- Certified in TAVI and other device implantation.
- Executive council member of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic surgeon(2016- 2018), Member National Academy of Medical Sciences(NAMS), Fellow International College of Surgeons(FICS), Fellow Indian Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons (FIACS).