Lymphoma Cancer: Cancer of the Lymph Cells
Lymphoma cancer: Symptoms and treatment
The body has its own mechanism to fight with foreign particles. This system is known as the Immune system of the Body. The immune system consists of white cells known as Lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are present in Spleen, Lymph node, bone marrow, and thymus gland. When these cells start multiplying abnormally, it is called as Lymphoma. This article highlights Lymphoma cancer
Lymphoma is of two types: Hodgkin’s lymphoma and Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Lymphoma cancer: Commonly observed Symptoms
- Sweating at Nights
- Great Weight Loss
- Lymph nodes swelling
- Difficulty while breathing
In case the lymphoma spreads to the lymph node or any other part of the lymphatic system, it can cause a decrease in immunity, making the patients prone to infectious diseases.
The exact cause is unknown. It is widely believed that cells start multiplying at an abnormal rate due to a genetic mutation. As this further spreads to the entire Immune system, the patient gets weaker and prone to infection.
- Age: More than 55 years of age are more prone to Lymphoma.
- Gender: Male have higher chances as compared to females.
- The patient whose immunity has already been compromised, i.e., suffering from an autoimmune disease.
- The patient who has been introduced to a lot of radiations and chemicals.
- A patient who has high body weight, i.e., obese patient.
Lymphoma Cancer Complications:
- Persistent weight loss
- Other immune disorders
- Advancing stage of the cancer
Lymphoma can be prevented if diagnosed at early stages. Some of the treatments available are
- Radiation Therapy
- Antibody therapy
- Bone marrow transplant
- Stem cell transplantation
Check here: Top 38 Accredited Cancer Hospitals from India
Exercise regularly; consult your Doctor for the changes in your diet plan. Do the necessary test as early as possible. Remember, early diagnosis is the key to prevention. Take care.