Cervical Cancer Signs and Symptoms: Infographics
Cervix is at the lower end of the uterus and connects the uterus with the vagina. Cervical Cancer starts at the cervix and can later metastasize to other places or infiltrate the neighboring cells. Some women resist the growth of human papillomavirus when exposed to it. In others, the human papillomavirus survives and stays for years, causing the mutation of normal cells of the cervix to become cancerous. There may be no signs or symptoms in the precancer stage. Symptoms may appear in the early stage and become severe as the stage advances to metastasis. Sometimes, the reason for a sign or symptom may be a different medical condition, so it is advisable to seek medical help in case of any observed symptoms, which does no go away smoothly. A female must be observant towards any of the new Signs and Symptoms which can be of Cervical Cancer.
Cervical Cancer Signs and Symptoms
A female must be observant towards any of the following symptoms.
- Increased vaginal discharge.
- Bleeding after menopause.
- Light bleeding or Blood spots intermittently.
- Longer and heavier menstrual bleeding.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
- Consistent back pain or pelvic pain.
Share this Image On Your Site
- Do you know that some women resist the growth of human papillomavirus when exposed to it.? While, in others, the human papillomavirus survives and stays for years. HPV causes mutation of normal cells of the cervix to become cancerous. Read about Cervical Cancer: Risk factors and Complications
- The complications are generally in cases of an advanced stage. It could be Pain especially during metastasis of cancer, Fatigue, Swelling of ankles and feet, Kidney ailments, Blood in urine or haematuria. Know more about Cervical Cancer: Complication
- A cervical biopsy may be performed on women who showed abnormalities in pelvic exam, or tested positive for HPV (Human Papilloma Virus). Do you want to know What is Cervical Biopsy?
- A special oncological surgeon does the surgery to remove the cancerous outgrowth. The surgery is usually performed in its initial stages. These are the topmost oncologists from India who can surgically remove cancer.