Top Cardiologists/Cardiac Surgeons in India
2o best Cardiac Surgeons in India | top 20 Cardiologists in India
Here is the list of top 20 cardiologists in India/the top 20 cardio-surgeons in India.
1.Dr. Naresh Trehan
- Diplomat – American Board of Surgery,
- Diplomat – Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Fellow – Royal Society of Medicine London
- Fellow – American College of surgeries, U.S.A.
- Fellow – International Medical Sciences Academy
- Training in General Surgery – N.Y. U. Medical Centre
Dr. Naresh Trehan was graduated from K.G. Medical College. He is a famous Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic surgeon. He did training and practice at New York University Medical Centre, Manhattan U.S.A. He is also granted by the American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
He is the Chairman & Managing Director, Medanta hospital. He was the executive director and founder of the Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre (from 1987 to May 2007). & Consultant – Cardiovascular Surgery at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He was Executive Director& Chief – Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and
He was Assistant Professor in Surgery at New York University Medical Centre & Clinical Instructor & Surgery at New York University Medical Centre, New York, U.S.A.
- He was appointed as Honorary Consultant & Cardiothoracic Surgery, to the Armed Forces Medical Services
- He got PADMA BHUSHAN awarded
- He got Dr. B. C. Roy National Award
- He appointed as Personal Surgeon to the President of India
- He got Life Time Achievement Award by the International Society of Cardiovascular Ultrasound.
- He awarded by PADMA SHRI, awarded.
- He got Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award.
Hospital Website: Medanta The Medicity–
2.Dr. Hemant Madan
- M.B.B.S. (Armed Forces Medical College, Pune Top 15 accredited hospitals from Pune 1988)
- MD in General Medicine (Armed Forces Medical College, Pune 1995)
- D.M. Cardiology (Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum, 2003)
- Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh, U.K.)
Dr. Hemant Madan is one of the famous cardiologists in India, who has experience of over 22 years. He completed his medical career and has various kinds of skills in cardiac procedures, Know more about cardiac ablators including complex coronary interventions, Pediatric cardiology, Device implantation Peripheral interventions Percutaneous treatment of valve stenosis. He is Director at Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurgaon & Associate Director at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi. In 2015 he also worked as a professor at Forces Medical Service.
- Dr. Madan has received prestigious awards:
- Vishishta Sewa Medal
- recipient of ‘Best Citizen Award.’
- Commendation by the Chief of the Air Staff
- Two times Commendation by the Commander in Chief
- Gold Medal in M.D. in Medicine.
Hospital Website – Narayana Superspeciality Hospital
3.Dr. Subhash Chandra
- MD (Internal Medicine)
- D.N.B. (Cardiology)
- D.M. (Cardiology).
Dr. Subash Chandra is a cardiologist in India, with a remarkable contribution in the cardiology field. He is a Chairman and H.O.D. in Cardiology. He has a skilled in Coronary Interventions, Structural Heart Diseases, Know more about Heart Transplant, Endovascular Interventions Device Implantation. He has deep experience in the field; he also has won many awards.
- He got Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award, Cardiological Society of India,
- 5th Annual Conference – 1989
- Col. K.L. Chopra Research Award, Cardiological Society of India,
- 9th Annual Conference – 1993
- 13th Annual Conference – 1997.
Website: BLK Super Speciality Hospital
4.Dr. Subhash Kumar Sinha
- M.B.B.S. (Armed Forces Medical College, Pune).
- MCh (C.T.V.S.) from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.
- M.S. (Patna Medical College, Patna.
- M.B.A. (Healthcare Service) from Sikkim Manipal University.
- Managing Healthcare Delivery from Harvard Business School
- Managing Healthcare Delivery from Harvard Business School
Presently, Dr. S K Sinha is the Director at Max Hospital. He is also of Director in C.T.V.S. at Batra Hospital & Max Hospital, Saket. He has 26 years of experience in Cardiac Surgery. Dr. Sinha famous invasive heart surgery, like beating heart surgery.
He served as Head of the Department of Cardiac Surgery (Oct 1996-April 2009) in Batra Hospital. He performed both as an administrative leader and clinical mentor, and Senior Consultant from May 1989-June1995. He is passionate about sharing some knowledge and having the skills of future cardiac surgeons. He trained many cardiac surgeons under his guidance.
He was Director at Paras Group of Hospitals, Gurgaon, and Patna & Darbhanga from Mar 2014- June 2016. He performed Chief Cardiac Surgery Regency Hospital Kanpur, India, from July 1995-Oct1996. He was a senior consultant at Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, New Delhi & Cardiac Surgeon in Railway Hospital, Chennai (July1986-April 1989).
- A leader in beating heart surgery & gained worldwide recognition.
- Dr. S K Sinha did training and guiding 75 medics and paramedics, which have developed a unique management perspective.
- He Reviewed articles in Indian Journal.
Hospital Website: BLK Super Speciality Hospital
5.Dr. Murtaza A Chishti
- M.S. (General Surgery), M.Ch (C.T.V.S.)
Dr. Chishti has done M.B.B.S. from Kashmir University, F.M.G.E.M.S. from U.S.A. and P.L.A.B. from the United Kingdom. He has so much experience in cardiothoracic fellowships in Royal Perth Hospital Perth, Australia, St. Mary’s hospital, Milwaukee, U.S.A., and Prince Henry and Prince Wales Hospitals in Sydney Australia. He held many prominent positions, such as Chief Consultant and Associate Professor at Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology. He was Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at Fortis-Escorts New Delhi.
- He got Award by the Society of Heart Failure and Transplant. in recognition of his Contributions in Thoracic Organ Transplant in India at Kochi (2016)
Hospital Website- Artemis Hospital
Kindly click to check the best cardiac hospitals in India.
6.Dr. Ajay Kaul
- M.B.B.S. (Mumbai University, India)
- M.S. (General Surgery) from Mumbai University, India.
- M.Ch. (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
Dr. Ajay Kaul is one of the famous Cardiac Surgeon who is highly experienced and qualified Cardiac Surgeon. His contribution is appreciated in the field of Cardiac Surgery. He completed his Master’s degree in Vascular Surgery and Cardiothoracic from Mumbai University. He has Fellowships in
- Cardiac Surgery (Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia)
- Cardiac Transplantation (Hannover Medical School, Germany)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
He conducted 10,000 Cardiac Operations, in which 4000 Total Arterial Coronary Bypass Surgeries. His name is considered a national expert in the Cardiac Surgery field. Dr. Kaul has worked in many prestigious hospitals, in our country and other countries like
- B.M. Birla Heart Research Centre (Kolkata)
- Institute of Medical Sciences (Varanasi)
- Hannover Medical School (Germany)
- Bombay Hospital and L.M. Tilak Medical College & Sion Hospital (Mumbai).
He is keenly interested in Off-pump Coronary artery surgery, Off-pump Total Arterial Revascularization, Paediatric cardiac surgery, Mitral Valve Repair, Aortic Root Replacement & Aortic Aneurysm surgery. Now he is the director of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (Delhi) Director of Cardiac Surgery at B.M. Birla Heart Research Centre. Kolkata and Visiting Professor Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- He published more than 70 publications in national and international journals.
- He is also a member of the Cardiological Society of India.
Hospital Website – BLK Super Speciality Hospital
7.Dr. Ashok Seth
- M.B.B.S. (J N Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, India, 1978)
- F.R.C.P., M.R.C.P., Fellowship
- Dr. Ashok Seth is one of the famous cardiac surgeons of India. Internationally he is renowned for his contribution to the cardiology field.
- Currently, Dr. Seth is the Chairman of Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi & the Head of Cardiology Council of Fortis Group of Hospitals.
- He is a member of many international cardiology committees.
- He joined the team involved in the development of angioplasty techniques and Bioresorbable Scaffold Stent (such as Angioscopy, Thrombectomy devices, Stents, and Drug-Eluting Stents, etc.).
- Dr. Seth is the 1st from Asia to be elected on the Board of Governors of Society of Cardiac Angiographies and Intervention (U.S.A.), the official professional and regulatory body of interventional cardiologists in the U.S.A.
He got many national awards;
- Padma Shri
- Padma Bhushan
- Mason Sones Award- S.C.A.I. (U.S.A.), 2010
- National Award of Republic of Spain
He has published more than 250 papers in national and international journals
His name is recorded in the book ‘L.I.M.C.A.’ for conducting the highest numbers of angiographies (50,000) and angioplasties (20,000).
Hospital Website: – Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
8.Dr. Jamshed Dalal
- M.B.B.S. (Mumbai University, 1971)
- M.D. (Gen Medicine) – Mumbai University, 1976om Mumbai University, 1976
- D.M. (Cardiology) Mumbai University, 1977
- Ph.D. (Cardiology) University of Wales, UK, 1981
- F.E.S.C., F.R.C.P. (London)
Dr. Jamshed Dalal is one of the renowned cardiologists in India. He has more than 35 years of experience. He is a talented and highly skilled surgeon and has triple doctorate degrees in medicine, cardiology, D.M. & Ph.D. He operated many domestic and international patients and gave excellent results. He is specialized in Interventional Cardiology with procedures including;
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Aortic stent grafting
- Biventricular pacing
- Device placement and etc.
Dr. Jamshed Dalal is an expert of Angioplasty and involved in the coronary angioplasty program for over two decades. He has conducted 20,000 coronary angioplasty surgeries. Now he is of Director of Cardiac Sciences from Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai. He has involved in the foundation of the Cardiology Dept, from Wockhardt Heart Hospital, which is now in Fortis), Mumbai, 1999. Dr. Dalal is the Coordinator of the Cardiovascular Division, Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai, and Chief Cardiologist at Holy Family Hospital, Mumbai.
- He got Young Researcher Award at British Cardiac Society, 1981
Hospital Website: – Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
9.Dr. Jaisom Chopra
- M.B.B.S. ( Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 1977)
- M.S. (Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 1981)
Dr. Jaisom Chopra is a famous Cardiologist in India, having experience in Vascular & Endovascular Surgery. He performed many successful surgeries for over 42 years. He is a highly talented and hardworking surgeon with got qualified from premier medical institutions of national repute. He has joined fellowship and training from the prestigious Royal College of Surgeons, U.K.
Dr. Chopra has conducted 1500+ surgery in procedures like Varicose veins bypass, Aneurysm Aortic Surgery, venous disorders, Diabetic foot, Arterial Surgery, and Arterial trauma, occlusive disease, leg bypasses, and Embolectomy. He has worked in many famous national and international hospitals, and have rich experience and excellent knowledge in his specialization. Now he is Consultant of Vascular Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, and Vascular Surgery at Apollo Spectra Hospital, Gwalior.
Dr. Chopra was Senior Consultant of Vascular Surgery at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, and worked with Arpana Hospital, Madhuban, Karnal.
- He has presented papers at national and international conferences.
Hospital website: – Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
10.Dr. Sandeep Attawar
- M.B.B.S. (Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala)
- MS Gen Surgery (Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala)
- M.Ch (Cardiac Surgery) from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala
Dr. Sandeep Attawar is a highly talented and famous Cardiovascular Surgeon and has 21+ years of experience in cardiology. His name is considered as one of the best Cardiac Surgeons in India and renowned name in his specialization – Thoracic Organ Transplantation & Mechanical Circulatory Support. In his career, he worked for more than two decades. Dr. Attawar has performed 10000 open and closed heart surgeries.
He is a highly skilled surgeon with experience and performed various basic to complex cardiac surgery like Lung and Heart Transplantation, Left Ventricular Assist Device implants, and the total artificial heart. He is also considered as the top cardiac surgeon for pediatric heart surgery and CABG or bypass surgery. Now he is Director and Chairman of Cardiovascular Surgery, Thoracic Organ Transplantation & M.C.S. at Global Hospitals, Chennai and Cardiovascular Surgery, Thoracic Organ Transplantation & M.C.S. at Global Hospitals, Chennai.
He was Chief Heart Surgeon and Head of the Division of Heart Surgery at Apollo Hospitals, Dhaka, in 2005- 2010 and in 2003-2005, Senior Consultant of Cardiac Surgeon at Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (R.T.I.I.C.S.), Calcutta. He was Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Narayana Hrudayalaya, and Manipal Heart Foundation, Bangalore, 2000
- He was a vice president at Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital, Jaipur in 2010- 2012
- He is a member of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and International Society for Heart and Lung Transplant.
Hospital website: – Gleneagles Global
Kindly click to check the best cardiac hospitals in India.
11.Dr. Manish Hinduja
- M.B.B.S. (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh, India)
- M.S. (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh, India)
- M.Ch.(C.T.V.S.), from P.G.I.M.E.R., Chandigarh, India
- D.N.B. (Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Fellowship- Advanced Cardiac Surgery (Canada)
Dr. Manish Hinduja is one of the best surgeons in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery in Mumbai Best hospitals in Mumbai. He has done 5000 operations such as minimally invasive surgeries, A.S.D. closure, Beating heart bypass surgery, excision of cardiac tumor/L.A. myxoma), etc.
He has a keen interest in cardiac interventions such as
- CABG procedures
- Mitral valve replacement
- Atrial valve replacement
- Aortic aneurysm surgery.
- He got Gold medal and C S Sadasivam Award from the National Board of Examinations (DNB CTS).
- He has done his training in advanced cardiac procedures and heart transplantation.
- He attained Fellowship in Advanced Cardiac surgery from Ottawa, Canada.
Hospital Website- Wockhardt Hospital North Mumbai
12.Dr. Udgeath Dhir
- M.B.B.S. (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra 2000)
- M.S. – General Surgery (King George Medical University 2004)
- MCh – Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
Dr. Udgeath Dhir is a famous name in the field of cardiological surgery with the experience of 15+ years. He is a dedicated and hardworking Cardio-thoracic and Vascular surgeon. He has conducted many bypass surgeries, operated 7500+ cases. Dr. Udgeath Dhir is considered as one of the top cardio surgeons trained at Central Chest Institute for Rheumatic Mitral valve repair Bangkok by Dr. Taweseeak.
He is Director and Head, Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery (C.T.V.S.), Fortis Memorial Research Institute and Senior Consultant, Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon, Senior Resident, and Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi. He was Senior Resident, G. B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Udgeath Dhir got Best Paper Presentation award at the International Coronary Congress
- He published many papers in medical journals.
Hospital Website: – Fortis Memorial Research Institute
13.Dr. (Col.) Salil Garg
- M.B.B.S. (Pune University, AFMC -1990)
- M.D. – Medicine (Pune University, AFMC -1999)
- D.N.B. – Cardiology (Army Hospital R&R, New Delhi-2008
Dr. Salil Garg is one of the famous cardiologists in India; who has experience of 28+ years. He is a skilled and talented cardiologist, who has conducted 5000+ angioplasties. He has implanted 700+ devices (I.C.D., Pacemakers, and C.R.T.s).
Dr. Garg has done implantation surgeries with implanted Micras, Leadless Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (I.C.D.), and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (T.A.V.R.),. In his career, he held various posts in large hospitals, giving his in-depth knowledge and experience. He is Senior Advisor & Professor of Cardiology, Army Hospital and Base Hospital, Delhi, and Command Hospital (CC)Lucknow (K.G.M.V.). He was Associate Professor (Cardiology), in Armed Forces Medical College Pune, India.
- He published over 30 scientific papers in the famous national and international journals on medicine and cardiology.
- He is the part of the team that implanted the 1st Micra (Intracardiac Pacemakers & T.A.V.R. at A.H.R.R.)
Hospital Website: – Venkateshwar Hospital
14.Dr. Yogesh Kothari
- M.B.B.S. (Dr. Ambedkar Medical College, University of Bangalore, 1996)
- M.D. Internal Medicine (Kasturba Medical College, Manipal)
- D.N.B. in Cardiology (National Board of Examination, India)
Dr. Yogesh Kothari is one of the leading cardiologists in India who has 22+ years of clinical experience. He is specialized in Electrophysiology and arrhythmia program. He has a keen interest in the endovascular and percutaneous treatment of Coronary, Aortic, Carotid, and other peripheral vascular disorders. Dr. Kothari is a highly qualified, talented, and skilled specialist who got the qualifications from premier institutions. He has done training from Frontier Lifeline KM Cherian Heart Foundation for Electrophysiology.
- He is the member of Cardiological Society of India (C.S.I.)
- Indian Heart Rhythm Society
Hospital Website – Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road
15.Dr. Robert Mao
- M.D. – General Medicine
- D.M. – Cardiology
Dr. Robert Mao is a topmost Cardiologist in India. Based at Chennai, he has totalmedical experience of 38+ years. He is specialization in the area of cardiac procedures such as:
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Open Heart Surgery
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Heart Valve Replacement surgery.
He is a highly hardworking qualified doctor with medical degrees from famous medical colleges.
- He has published many papers in journals.
- He is a member of the Tamil Nadu Medical Council.
Hospital Website – Apollo Hospital Chennai
Kindly click to check the best cardiac hospitals in India.
16. Dr. K. K. Saxena
Now Dr. Saxena is one of the Senior Consultant Cardiologists in India. He has vast experience of 35 years, in the field of diagnostic, clinical, and interventional cardiology procedures, like treadmill exercise testing, Holter monitoring, nuclear studies, and echocardiography. He also performed many cardiac catheterizations.
In cardiology, Dr. Saxena has done balloon dilation of the mitral valve, renal and peripheral arteries, pulmonary valve, and coarctation of the aorta and temporary and permanent pacemaker implantations.
Hospital Website: ARTEMIS HOSPITAL, G.U.R.G.A.O.N.
Currently, Dr. K.K. Talwar is Chairman of Cardiology, in Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket. He is a famous cardiologist in India with experience of 40+ years. He was 1st specialist conducting implant Cardioverter and Defibrillator Therapy in India and the South Asian region (1995). Dr. Talwar is a very talented and skilled cardiac surgeon. In 1997, L.I.M.C.A. Book of World Records credited him for introducing I.C.D. therapy in India & South Asia. He is the first specialist to introduce C.R.T. therapy in India.
- Dr. Talwar got various I.C.M.R. and many National Societies Award.
- He was awarded as Padma Bhushan in 2006.
18.Dr. Savitri Shrivastava
Dr. Shrivastava is a very famous cardiologist in India, with experience of 59 years. In 1995, she established the department of Paediatric cardiology and CHD at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. Currently, she is the Director of Pediatric Cardiology in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi. Dr. Shrivastava has a keen interest in Paediatric and Congenital Heart Diseases, Echocardiography, and Non-Coronary Interventions.
In 1995 he played an enormous role in the formation of the Indian Academy of Echocardiography as the Founder President of the Society. She established the section of Echocardiography at A.I.I.M.S., New Delhi. She brought it at par with the world-class Echocardiography labs. In 1988 she described the Balloon Dilation of the Atrial Septum for the 1st time in the world.
- Dr. Shrivastava achieved the formulation of a Paediatric cardiology-training program, which is approved by the National Medical Board.
- In 1998 she became the founder President in Paediatric Cardiac Society.
Hospital Website: Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
19.Dr. Lalchand Bandagi
Dr. Lalchand Bandagi is a famous Cardiological Surgeon and Vascular Surgeon with experience of more than 17 years in the cardiological field. He is interested in:
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement
- Vascular Surgery,
- Open Heart Surgery
- Aortic Valve Surgery.
- Dr. Lalchand Bandagi has been honored with many awards and recognitions.
- He is also a member of the Medical Council of India.
Hospital Website: MANIPAL HOSPITAL, BANGALORE
20.Dr. Rashid Zeya Ayubbi
Dr. Rashid Zeya Ayubbi is a famous Cardiological and Vascular Surgeon. He has 11 years of experience in the cardiological field. He pursued his M.B.B.S. degree from Manipal University in 2009 and M.S. in General Surgery at West Bengal University of Health Sciences in 2012. In2 015, he has completed his M.Ch. From West Bengal University of Health Sciences in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery.
Hospital Website: APOLLO GLENEAGLES HOSPITAL, KOLKATA